This seller is the official distributor of the brand
Learn more about Bimedis TRUST
This seller had successful transactions
Blood cell counting is achieved by applying a fixed rate stream of the suspension, which passes at one point a very small orifice. At this point there are electrodes which detect variations in the resistance, or other electrical parameter, while a single particle is passing, or a laser beam is focused on the orifice and the resulting light is modulated by the passage of the particle.
1. Facilities should evaluate their requirements and chose a impedance tester based on them. Coulter cytometers provide various applications - some optional and should be considered according to the needs of a specific facility.
2. Flow cytometers should come equipped to perform immunophenotyping.
3. The number of colors used in the analysis determines the wavelength requirements for flow cytometers. When working with 2 or 3 colors, a wavelength of 488 nm is required. A wavelength near 560 or 640 nm is preferred when working with 4 or 6 colors.
4. The preferred Coulter cytometers are those that can detect 4 colors. Analysis of 6 colors should be considered optional.
5. Another impedance tester feature which should be considered optional is cell sorting. Facilities need to determine if this is a required capability for them, either immediately or in the future.
6. Manufacturers should provide free instruction for these devices. The flow cytometer operation requires special training. To become proficient, users require additional training and frequent operation of the instrument.
7. In some medical facilities, there are dedicated technologists for flow cytometry measurement.
8. When purchasing flow cytometers or Coulter cytometers, facilities must communicate with physicians to determine how the results will be used and what tests should be performed, and should also look into personnel requirements.
9. Cost of these impedance tester units depends on computer hardware and software, available applications on the unit, and the inclusion of automatic sample preparation units and other accessories.
10. Facilities can buy reagents from many suppliers, and it is generally not necessary to standardize the manufacturer of the flow cytometer and reagents since flow cytometers are open-platform instruments.
11. Other factors to consider before purchasing a Coulter cytometer unit include: computer and printer options, DNA software options, immuno-fluorescence, and features such as biohazard containment and refrigeration.