This seller is the official distributor of the brand
Learn more about Bimedis TRUST
This seller had successful transactions
Electrophoresis systems are used to separate and assess mixtures of ionic solutes. They are capable of performing one or more procedures such as zone, gel, and isoelectric focusing electrophoresis. The system includes an electrophoresis chamber with support media, temperature control unit, densitometer, and power supply. The procedure of separating ionic solute mixtures by the differences in rate of migration in an applied electric field, requires use of reagents. Some systems are automatic, using a computerized data processing system. Less expensive manual systems are available.
1. Electrophoresis systems are offered in various configurations. Facilities should keep in mind that the cost may vary significantly based on the specific modules purchased. For example, an electrophoresis system unit with an integral densitometer will cost more than one without it.
2. Other units offered include automated electrophoresis systems, some with densitometers and data-analysis capabilities. These can automatically apply sample to the gels, perform electrophoresis, scan the gels, and print the results.
3. When gel analyzer units become less integrated, resolution decreases and results become less reproducible.
4. When using modular components, each component should be physically and functionally compatible so that the performance is not compromised, and sample separation is not affected.
5. Required specifications indicate the minimum necessary for the gel analyzer system to perform its indicated function, while preferred specifications enhance either test operations or ease of use and, therefore, the effectiveness.
6. Optional specifications do not affect the performance, but provide wider applications of use by offering greater testing options or minimizing user interaction, allowing the gel analyzer system to be operated under a wide variety of circumstances.
7. The typical gel analyzer testing requirements of individual labs determine the available testing.
8. Protein and hemoglobin are the test kits offered. These should be available from the manufacturer.
9. To ensure that the sample can be tested under ideal temperature conditions, an incubator or oven is desirable.