This seller is the official distributor of the brand
Learn more about BiMedis TRUST
This seller had successful transactions
Whole blood, serum, or plasma samples are analyzed using spectrophotometric techniques, as well as skin reflective techniques in a non-invasive, cutaneous manner. Cutaneous bilirubinometers measure bilirubin levels in newborns through the skin. A light beam is directed to newborn's forehead or sternum. Optical detectors measure 2 beams of reflected light, from which the blood bilirubin concentration is determined.
1. Facilities should answer the following before selecting a bilirubinometer:
2. Who will be using and maintaining the bilirubinometer
3. Which analyzers are already being used in the hospital
4. What jaundice meter features are needed
5. When the bilirubinometer is interfacing with other laboratory testing devices or information systems, it can improve the accuracy of data transmission and record keeping, as well as save operator time in data recording.
6. If non-laboratory personnel are using the bilirubinometer, facilities should consider features that minimize user interactions.
7. Some of the recommended cutaneous bilirubinometer features include: automatic calibration, easy-to-read display for reporting results, and printer or an interface for a printer to obtain hardcopies of test results.
8. Facilities should consider standardization of equipment. Therefore, if they already own a particular cutaneous bilirubinometer, they should consider retaining this manufacturer.