This seller is the official distributor of the brand
Learn more about BiMedis TRUST
This seller had successful transactions
Manually operated wheelchairs that can be propelled either by user or attendant. Usually designed for heavy use with strong steel construction and large rear wheels. Heavy-duty models are available for special weight or size needs, as well as lighter versions which are more portable but not as durable for extended use. Other specialty mobility chairs include those designed for children, teens, or sports activities.
1. Safe, manual wheelchair use requires proper maintenance.
2. Several levels of mechanical wheelchair product support after purchase are offered. Buyers of manual wheelchairs should consider how easy it would be to obtain replacement parts from the vendor or manufacturer, and how easily the operator can install replacement parts.
3. Buyers of manual wheelchairs should also look at the availability of national or worldwide service facilities offered by the manufacturer or vendor, the length of time that the manufacturer/vendor has been in business, the availability of service policies and loaner if extended repairs are necessary, and whether the coverage policies for prescription mechanical wheelchairs set by third-party payers.
4. Facilities are encouraged to look at the ranges of models the dealers have in stock, and available discounts for multiple purchases.
5. Buyers should also consider their need to schedule manual wheelchair maintenance or repairs in advance and the time it would take to order and receive replacement.
6. Facilities should inquire about the general condition of the home wheelchair, including: wheels, seat, tire, foot rests, armrests, etc. Photos of the tires and chairs from all angles can reveal signs of wear and tear.
7. The specified capacities of the manual wheelchair being considered should fit the patient's weight and size.
8. Prior to purchasing, facilities should complete the following: search for reviews of the chair to learn about the mechanical wheelchair's features and reliability, and review manuals and related paperwork which were supplied when the chair was originally purchased.
9. Additional factors to consider include: the home wheelchair's size, ease of steering, seating comfort and transport capability.