This seller is the official distributor of the brand
Learn more about Bimedis TRUST
This seller had successful transactions
Heart-lung bypass units used during open heart surgery (cardiac valve replacement, coronary artery bypass grafting). They oxegenate the body's venous blood supply, pumping it back into the arterial system, providing temporary external circulatory support to cardiopulmonary functions. The bypass unit console includes arterial pump , a backup arterial pump, one or two suction pumps, an arterial vent pump, a cardioplegia pump, and backup unit. Disposable parts include oxygenator/heat exchanger, cardiotomy reservoir, blood tubing, and filters.
1. These units act as a temporary substitute for circulatory and pulmonary function. As such, they should circulate, oxygenate, and filter blood.
2. Facilities are strongly encouraged to standardize their equipment. This can simplify and ease upgrading or adding new components.
3. An in-line arterial filter should be included with the disposable tubing for the heart-lung bypass unit. This can help trap particulate matter and gaseous emboli.
4. Today, most units consist of modular components that fit into a portable console base; facilities can now buy a basic unit and later upgrade or replace it as needed.
5. Customized units are also offered. Before making the purchase, buyers should consider the level of modularity of each system.