Outer diameter of the distal end (mm)
Working length, mm
Bending angle of the distal end. Down, degrees
Bending angle of the distal end. Left, degrees
Bending angle of the distal end. Right, degrees
Bending angle of the distal end. Up, degrees
Biopsy channel, mm
Field of View (FOV), (degree)
This seller is the official distributor of the brand
Learn more about BiMedis TRUST
This seller had successful transactions
Flexible endoscopes with illumination system. They are intended for insertion into lower GI tract through the rectum. Sigmoidoscopes are used for treatment of lesions in the lower part of the colon, as well as for observation and biopsy procedures.
1. The most important quality of the sigmoidoscope's image is the optical quality.
2. The following factors determine this quality: the ability of the fiberoptic cables and the light source to adequately illuminate the area under view; and the ability of the lens system to transmit a clear and bright image with minimal distortion to the eyepiece.
3. When making a sigmoidoscope purchase, facilities should consider the device's sensitivity to heat, the time and temperature of rinsing required, the reuse life of the cleaning solution, and the use of manual or automatic processing.
4. Other issues to consider include: shelf life, disposal restrictions, and minimum effective concentration of the cleaning solution.
5. Sigmoid colon endoscope buyers should also examine the safety and cost per cycle, as well as the educational options provided by the manufacturer. They should keep in mind that preventive maintenance training can eliminate costly repairs to delicate sigmoidoscope components.
6. The differences between these sigmoidoscope units include differences in image brightness and resolution, depth of focus, magnification, color differentiation, angle of vision, and field of view.
7. Videoscopes depend on the number of pixels on the CCD to illuminate the area under view, while fiberoptic sigmoidoscopes depend on the light guide.
8. Videoscopes and fiberoptic sigmoidoscopes with cameras depend on the ability of image processors to transmit clear images to the viewing screen.
9. All sigmoidoscopes should be compatible with multiple processors. They should also be compatible with multiple light sources.
10. Users can clean the lens without removing the sigmoidoscope using lens washing.
11. Buyers should look into the cleaning process of the sigmoidoscope. They should carefully review their endoscope reprocessing protocol to make sure it coincides with the recommendations from the manufacturer.
12. In places where EtO gas sterilization is the preferred reprocessing procedure, there might be an increased need for more sigmoid colon endoscopes in order to meet daily caseload requirements.
13. There are users who want to automate part of their reprocessing with liquid disinfecting or sterilizing units.
14. When reviewing high-level disinfection or sterilization, facilities should look into the operator manual as well as the facility's infection control and risk management.
Before you purchase your Sigmoidoscope, we recommend you ask the seller the following questions: