Stationary or Portable
This seller is the official distributor of the brand
Learn more about BiMedis TRUST
This seller had successful transactions
Three different types of mobile radiographic units are available, (line powered , capacitor-discharge, and battery-powered generators) . A wheeled cart transports the x-ray generator, X-ray tube, and tube stand, collimators, and film cassette storage drawer. It may be either manually or battery-powered motor driven.
1. Ruggedness and durability are the two main factors to consider when purchasing a mobile x-ray unit (also known as a portable x-ray).
2. Mobile radiographic units should be designed to keep an important balance between maneuverability, ease-of-use and performance; combined with high quality of x-ray output.
3. All portable x-ray units should be lightweight and easy to assemble, carry, and transport. X-ray mobile units should be able to produce sufficient x-ray output for simple exams.
4. Three categories of portable x-ray units are available: self-propelled, manual propulsion, and units for use outside hospitals - where mobility is necessary.
5. Large batteries are the main power source of the self-propelled x-ray mobile units. Maneuverability is a key factor, without compromising x-ray output. These portable x-ray units, when fully charged, should be able to produce all necessary x-ray exposures without an outside power source.
6. It is heavier to maneuver the manually propelled x-ray mobile units. These are line-powered and do not rely on batteries as a main power source. They are designed with a focus on a specific patient group.
7. Manufacturers offer many different features for different models. Some of the options include automatic exposure control, anatomic programming, and input voltage.
8. Mobile x-ray units that are motor-driven need battery power. For safety, they should have collision brakes, as well as a manual override for driving the unit through swinging doors.
9. The x-ray exposure on some units is powered directly from the line voltage. On other portable x-ray units, the input line voltage charges a battery or capacitor to power the x-ray exposure.
Questions for the Seller
Before you purchase your Mobile X-ray, we recommend you ask the seller the following questions: